Wednesday 30 October 2013

Ah, A Ginger Bread Man Card!

I chose to do a simple card for the Christmas at Home theme…. what says Christmas at home better than the smell of cookies and gingerbread men???

I made this card by diving into my scrap and salvage box (I save all sorts of card fronts, ribbon etc off of gifts from previous years). I chose this delightful gingerbread man ribbon, an embossed glossy beige and a rich brown cardstock. The sentiment is from a Christmas digital stamp from BrossArtfull Designs, I found it at their Etsy shop. I simply chose the phrase I wanted, print and cut it out to glue on the card.  Sometimes it is just easier and more time efficient to buy something like that Smile

photo 1

The card is 3 1/2 inches by 5 1/4 inches, top fold.  The ribbon was a wire edged one, so to make it easier to glue to the card, I just cut it to size and then removed the wire.

Hope you like it!

photo 2

 

What is your favorite thing to do at Christmas? Looking forward to see how you  inspire us with your entry for our challenge at the Card a Day Blog

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is cute! I love the little gingerbread man. Thanks for the lovely comment you left at mine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing about challenges... they give so much inspiration to us, whether we are giving the challenge or participating in it. Your snowy girl was amazing!

      Delete
  2. Cutest card Shelley love the gingerbread man

    ReplyDelete