Monday 28 October 2013

I’ll be Home for Christmas

Welcome from the Card a Day Blog! Here is my entry for the Home for Christmas theme this week.
To me, nothing says home at Christmas better than some of my favorite Christmas tree ornaments.  I’ve had some home-made toy soldiers on my tree for the last 20 years or so. 
Like many of you (I hope!), I’ve been running short of time lately, and don’t really have a large stash to sort through to find items to inspire me, so I’ve opted to go all digital in this card.  I splurged and bought the Home for Christmas Bundle and Holiday Charm Elements from Scrapbookgraphics, for some great background papers and elements I could see myself using a lot.
Here’s what I did!
image
I’m planning to print the background paper with the holly and the word art on it, and cut the toy soldier, red strip of paper, and the three gemstone flowers to glue and layer on…. I think with a bit of dimensional tape and perhaps some spray acrylic gloss it will turn out wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a card Shelley! The digital papers are wonderful for backgrounds and aren't to horrible to print or have printed at a home office store. I agree nothing says home like a favorite ornament

    ReplyDelete