Tuesday 15 October 2013

An Italian Christmas

For those who have followed my blog, you know about my trip to Italy last month… With the Card a Day Blog theme of Christmas Around the World, how could I not focus on Italy?  I got my inspiration from this website that tells about traditions in Italy at Christmas, particularly where it discusses the Urn of Fate, where a large decorated bowl is filled with presents, and each family member takes one until the bowl is emptied. 

I used my Silhouette, and the following cut files:

Hope you get inspired to find a new tradition for your family this year!

Here are the elements of my card… the part of the bow and the presents have to be put onto another page to print and cut out…

image

And the final product…

IMG_0227[1]

Thanks for coming by! See you at the Card a Day Blog tomorrow too for some more Christmas Around the World!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shelley that is such a darling card, I like how you explain it too with the software.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a neat tradition that I may start this Christmas Dinner, not with presents, but with wrapped treats (edibles). Thanks for your comments and support Tina! Means a lot to me :-)

      Delete