Here is where I got the inspiration!
I downloaded the pattern and copy and pasted it into my Silhouette Studio Program… traced the outside edge, digitally colored the pieces, and resized them to make an approximately 5 inch square card. I made a background piece with a word border which repeated “Thank you” (you could have lots of fun with the program doing this, or opt to hand write a message around the edge too.
Here are the two screens in my Studio program showing the pieces ready to print and cut.
It looks complex, but it is really assembled quite easily… Attach with glue or double sided tape as necessary:
- Cross the green stems, corner to corner and centered…
- Put the crown like golden flower petals down, almost touching both sides of the green stems.
- The center red circle should just cover the bottom of all of the golden flower petals.
- Arrange the golden buds topped with the white strips on the arching stems
- Attach the leaves and red flower buds on the remaining stems towards the corner.
All in all, I think it will be a special card for someone on my list who loves quilting
I’ve really been enjoying what other card makers have been posting on this theme at the Card a Day Blog, I hope you have too!