Now as promised, some recycling card tips I use:
- Cut out parts of the images for embellishments… simple ones are best, unless you like doing fussy cuts with really good scissors. My favorite types are snowmen (easy!), although if the background is plain, you can cut out with a narrow border around the image too.
- Sort out your old cards and pieces of paper in color types…. reds… greens… blues… etc. It really helps find the right ones. I also use zip lock sandwich bags to sort some special papers that I want to keep from getting dog eared in my stash box.
- Once a year, trash your stash (well, that’s what I should do, as my stash is much too big, but I do make an effort to go through my stash of cards and cut out the unnecessary parts of them and throw out the ones I don’t think I will use.
- Sort by season and occasion.
- Don’t forget the Flyers… I’ve got some great cards just utilizing junk mail! Remember the post I did here using a Boston Pizza ad?
The main thing is to keep having fun, and don’t worry about being perfect (or the card!).
Enjoy your day!
Remember that the Card a Day Blog has a challenge going on for November…. for more information on it, click here