Saturday 4 February 2012

Card a Day Blog’s February Blog Hop!

It's BLOG HOP TIME!
The designers at Card a Day Blog are joining together to do a blog hop this weekend! The theme is Masculine cards!Let's not let the guys have all the fun on Super Bowl Sunday....let's get a little of our own fun in!
To join in....visit all the participating designers by visiting their sites, some are having prize give aways...so make sure you pop in! Make sure you comment on all the blogs too, because at the end of the weekend, they are going to send a list of all who commented on their blog, and we are going to do a grand prize drawing of all comments on each blog! Blog Hop Prize
So JOIN IN TODAY....comment on the main blog page, and visit the other hop pages and comment there too!


I’m so excited to be involved in the second blog hop from the Card a Day Blog! For the blog hop, I made a textured card for my grandson’s birthday.

The card is pictured on a dark green surface to help highlight the textures of the card. I used Cuttlebug’s happy birthday embossing folder, and a fern leaf embossing folder I believe is from Craft Concepts. I created a quilted block design by separating the “pieces” by a simple green lined “sashing”. The floral picture on the top right hand corner was salvaged from another birthday card.

All the colors tie together, and with the texture, I think anyone would like it! Even when watching the Superbowl (ok, that may stretch it a bit in my household anyways!).

Make sure to come back tomorrow, as I will have another card to post for the blog hop! I will also be having a surprise blog candy draw, to enter, please leave a comment! The winner will be chosen by random on Monday, February 6th at 7pm Pacific time.

Make sure to enter the main draw at the Card a Day Blog too!

DSC00814

27 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought of flowers for a boy's card but why not? Like the color blocking and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love the embossing, especially the fern leaf design. I may have to get that one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought that folder unpack-aged at my local scrapbook store. I just looked again, and its a Sizzix folder, but there is no other information it. Been searching the web for more info for you, and haven't been able to narrow it down... sadly, I've found more embossing folders on my list of "gotta gets" LOL

      Delete
  3. very pretty card. I've just got some embossing folders and love adding texture to things. You did great. I will have to remember I can use more than one texture one something. Love how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use my embossing plates enough. TY for sharing.
    Sandy

    turtlelover@firehousemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card! Could go to either a male or female ! Colors definately go well together !

    michellesdesigns4uatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card... love the embossing. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colorblocking. Great inspiration.
    I love this hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great embossing, I need to remember to use mine more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have never thought to combine 2 different textures, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color choices and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and the quilted effect, and especially that it's clean and simple!!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very bright and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card!!! :) That happy birthday is one of my favorite embossing folders!

    Thanks so much for sharing,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like the embossing. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card, love the way you used the embossing for the sentiment (I'll have to remember that one). TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, I'll have to check out leaf fern embossing folder.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closest folder I've come across online is Sizzix Textured Impress Embossing Folders 2PK Branches, Swirls & Ribbons ... next time I go to my local scrapbook store I'll try to find out exactly which folder it is... I saw it and loved it!

      Delete
  18. Lovely card! Great job on the coloring and embossing!

    plese.cathy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. very nice card. like the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice card, like the unique way you made it! beautiful flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the sashing idea, thanks!

    BobbisTreasure at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete