Monday 30 January 2012

Simply Get Well

I am still in recycle mode since Christmas! Every card I’ve made since then has had some bit recycled from another card or wrapping paper, etc. This card has junk mail in it! Can you guess which parts are recycled?
If you said the bow, yep, that came from a box of chocolates I bought on the cheap after Christmas sales… If you are from Canada, you may recognize the other part of this card that I recycled from my junk mail!
DSC00807DSC00808
When I saw this “cookbook menu” ad from Boston Pizza, I knew it would become part of a card! I simply cut it out to fit my card base (6 inch square), and hand cut the opening to remove the wording. I then used Craft Artist to compose the flowers & sentiment I taped under the “hole”. Then taping it all to top of the card base.
digital insert
I could have opted to layer my items on top of the red circle of the piece of junk mail to cover the wording also. Another option would have been to cut through the circle and the card base (front) and put the sentiment inside the card, making a window card.  So many options! That’s part of the fun of card making… letting your inspiration move you!
DSC00809
Make sure to visit the Card a Day Blog tomorrow when Christine Patton will have another inspiration for you!
Don’t forget to enter our Challenge at the Card a Day Blog too!
ENTER CHALLENGE:

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card, so cheery! Fantastic idea for cutting out the frame to put your own in, Wow! It sure is a nifty idea and worked for the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete