Sunday 8 January 2012

Simple Love–January 8th Card a Day Blog

 

I wanted to make something to demonstrate you don’t need a lot to make a neat looking card.

I used watercolor paper, spritzed with  Perfect Pearls Mists (forever red & perfect pearl).

DSC00788

I sketched the wording on with a fine tipped red felt pen, and traced the small words with a glitter gel pen and the Love with dimensional paint.

The hearts are from a “puffy heart” package I bought.

Its hard to see the shimmer from the home-made background, but it does look good!

My design was kinda the “X” marks the spot, with the intent of your eye being drawn back to the love by the positioning of the puffy hearts. You have to be careful doing this, as one too many hearts could mess with a good thing Smile 

DSC00790

Make sure to come back tomorrow to see what Vicki has in store for a Valentine's Day card too!

What Valentine's card(s) have you made? Make sure to enter the Card a Day Blog Challenge by clicking the link below!

ENTER CHALLENGE:

Now, as promised, here is my other idea for a card that could simply be made with two different types of paper, glue, tape, and floral wire!

I originally made this “card” as part of a multi-birthday card bouquet for a work party. But what Valentine’s Day is not nicer for having a flower or two?

DSC00791DSC00792

The blue flower petals are cut from fun foam (you could use your color choice of cardstock), and is one piece (from a hexagon folded envelope card pattern).  I got the pattern here. The “card” part of the flower, with the pattern, is cut with the same pattern, leaving the inside for whatever sentiment or love note you would want to share with your sweetheart!  I taped the flower onto a piece of floral wire, but even by itself, it would be a neat thing to place at a table setting, by a coffee cup or with lunch!

2 comments:

  1. I like it Shelley! I guess you don't need alot. Cute flower card too. Nice gesture for a work group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Shelley! We all forget just how much we really can do with little more than our own imagination. Well done!

    ReplyDelete