Sunday 30 October 2011

Christmas Celebration Card

 
I wanted to design a simple, yet classy card, to celebrate the season.
Size: 4 1/4 inch x 5 1/2 inch (A2)
Colors: base – forest green, insert – white, sentiment on front – white cardstock, embossed with silver and highlighted with markers.
Cuttlebug Christmas folder used with Versamark ink on reverse side.  I’m still perfecting this method, I need to go and get an inkpot so I can brayer the ink onto the folder properly…. dabbing an ink pad on the folder does not get the effect I was really after.That being said, I do kind of like the rustic effect I did in error.  Sometimes mistakes are a good thing Smile
Friskars crimper used for bottom third of card.  Shiny trim with dots was strips of Christmas paper from years ago.
Adhesive used was my 3M tape runner.
I just love the way the crimper makes the green cardstock look velvety. That didn’t photograph well, but sometimes you’ve got to see things in real life to appreciate them.
Enough said… here’s the card!

DSC00537

No comments:

Post a Comment