Monday 9 December 2013

A Snow Globe Card for Marcel

At the Card a Day Blog, the theme is Snow… I just had to do this card for my husband’s memory, to help me remember to believe in the reason for the season and to find some joy in it… it may be a few years until I do.
Snow globes are one of my favorite ornaments… I love snow too, and thought that it would be a great idea to have snowflakes as the highlight of the snow globe.  I took a few items off of a couple of cutting files from my silhouette Studio… a hexagon base from one item, and a snow globe from another, then the Believe phrase.  I digitally colored the items, then combined everything (the snow globe is actually three layers).
Here is what I cut out:
marcels snow cardmarcels snow card base
A hint of the layering with dimensional tape:
IMG_0136
And the final card:
IMG_0135
Thanks for visiting! Hope my card inspired you to remember someone too!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! Love the hexagon card base with the scallop edge, the globe turned out really cool too.

    ReplyDelete