Tuesday 6 September 2011

What a weekend!

It has been years since I’ve done any amount of canning in “one go”. Well, I managed to put up 60 lbs of peaches, 20 lbs of apricots, 20 lbs of plums, and 60 lbs of tomatoes over the past three days! I was going to take a picture of all of my canning, but I really don’t think the table would hold it all! Things I made:
  • Tomato Bouillon (in quarts)
  • Crushed Tomatoes (in pints)
  • Diced Tomatoes (in pints)
  • Bruschetta in a jar (1/2 pints)
  • Peach Lemonade Concentrate
  • Sliced Peaches
  • Hoppin’ Habanero Peach Jam
  • Apricots in syrup (won’t do them again… too ripe to do properly)
  • Apricot jam
  • Strawberry Jam
  • Blackberry Jelly
  • Pickled onions
Over the next week, I plan to make
  • Bread & Butter Peppers (sweet & hot mix)
  • Pickled Beets
  • Fennel/onion relish
  • Harvard Beets
  • Cans of Borscht
  • Dried peppers (green)

Things I have to start doing soon:
Canning soup for quick lunches!

I’m so glad I’ve got support and ideas from one of the best food preservation groups out there!
Food Preservation Drying Canning And More

I do promise to show you some of the stuff I did this weekend – soon! But until then, I’ve gotta get busy doing something special!!!! I’ll be posting a project in just a couple of days! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment