Saturday 1 June 2013

You are Awesome!

Welcome to a new month and a new theme at the Card a Day Blog!! Friendship! Here is the card I came up with!
DSC02168
I used my silhouette and chose these files:
'you are seriously awesome' card by Loni Stevens
border grass with grass clump by Samantha Walker
Benjamin Bunny by Beatrix Potter
I had to adjust the card so that it would make a 3”x5” card front.  I added a rectangle, set it to no cut, and colored it the same color as the grass border (also set to no cut, and colored). The Benjamin Bunny file was already a print and cut (beautiful, eh?!), so I just placed it in the top rectangle of the card file and set it to no cut… Here is what my screen looked like:
friends jun1
So, it really was a super simple card to make once I had the graphics picked. I love print and cuts! Just gives enough texture and layers to make a neat card that isn’t just printed. My printer is almost out of ink (Yikes!), but I’m glad the way the green printed anyways… looks distressed and fits in with the way the texture is on the bunny’s hat, and almost looks like the grass blended downwards. I was really crossing my fingers, as I didn’t have time to get some ink this morning before work!!!
I used a fern pattern embossing folder for the card base (front side only), and a contrasting paper that co-ordinated with it to glue the “print & cut” onto.
I plan to give this to my dog’s God Mother who looks after him when I have to be away from home… lucky dog, she’s taking him out canoeing the next time she takes him for his sleepover!
You’ve got to love friends like that- they are awesome!
Don’t forget to join us in the fun at the Card a Day Blog and enter our challenges! For more info, check it out!
http://cardadayblog.blogspot.ca/p/challenges.html

1 comment: