Saturday 15 June 2013

Canada - mon pays…mon coeur

Today I made a card for the Card a Day Blog, with the theme, Country’s Birthday. I did a simple printed card, embellishing it slightly with a clear glaze pen.  I wanted to highlight the Canadian maple leaf, and not detract too much from my sentiment on the front. For those who don’t speak French, it is:

Canada - my country….my heart 

I chose this when I was remembering one of my favorite French songs from school, “Mon Pays” by Gilles Vigneault. It kind of sums up for me what it is to be Canadian… you can access the translated English lyrics here, or listen to the song here.

DSC02187

Made with Sihouette Studio (just selected the images I wanted and digitally colored them, then printed only).

Finished card size:

  • 1/4 fold (4.25 x 5.5 inches)

Images:

  • Moose frame by Joel Pilcher (design id #3611) (I attached a rectangle below it to frame the sentiment)
  • Flag Canada by Silhouette (design id #1625)

Font used:

  • Bleedbob BTN

Hope you like it! Birthday celebrations are a great time to sing those songs you love Smile

Come back to the Card a Day Blog tomorrow, when Jill has a card for you under a new theme (and challenge!) “Just because”.

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley- I LOVE this!!! The addition of the glaze pen to the maple leaf is the perfect finishing touch. I will definitely be CASEing this
    How did I not realize you we're Canadian before now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darla... the pen I used was a Sakura clear glaze pen... I used that because I couldn't find my dimensional gloss glue (and really didn't have time to use it and post on time LOL). I didn't realize you were an east coaster too! I'm a west coaster, so perhaps that's why you didn't realize I am a Canuck :-)

      Delete