Saturday 5 January 2013

Two Hearts - Together Forever

Thanks for joining me from the Card a Day Blog! This week’s theme is Valentines.

I was blessed to have had my valentine for almost thirty years. Last month my heart was broken.  Sadly this is the first Valentine’s Day without him. I wanted to make a Valentine that would reflect how love can be forever. I hope my card inspires you to make something special for your love too!

I started with some shapes I got through my Silhouette Studio library… Two Hearts, Hearts background, and phrase “together forever”.

Did some welding, and then was going to just do a simple mat around the hearts and phrase, but it didn’t stick out enough, so I layered them on top of the heart background

  • a banner that is plain white, and embossed
  • red striped wrapping paper
  • hearts & phrase cut out on plain white cardstock

Valentine 1Valentine 2

The card’s size is 6 inches square… left plain inside to write my love letter :-) and include a picture or lock of hair.

DSC01993

Thanks for reading about my card.

Make sure to join us at Card a Day Blog for more cardmaking inspiration every day!

Remember to join us for some fun with our January Challenge!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment