Monday 21 May 2012

Zesty Cranberry Pear Dressing

It’s a dreary, cold, drizzly day, so I did some canning this morning!
For any inspiration of what you can “put by”, I highly recommend joining the yahoo group called Food Preservation Drying Canning and More.  I got this recipe from the file section there.
Zesty Cranberry Pear Dressing
  • 4 cups peeled and chopped pears (1 kg fresh)
  • 1 - 12 ounce package cranberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1 1/2 tsp dried chili peppers
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 cups corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup white wine or water
  • 1 package fruit pectin
Puree first two ingredients in a blender or food processor, measuring out 5 cups. In a deep saucepan, combine puree with remaining ingredients except pectin and bring to a boil. Add pectin, stirring to dissolve, and boil vigorously for 1 min. Take off heat and fill prepared jars with 1/4 inch headspace. Seal fingertip tight with prepared lids, and process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes (if you have sterilized jars) or 15 minutes if you have “clean” jars.
My batch was just shy of the 6 jars called for, but now I have 5 jars for my pantry!
DSC01112

No comments:

Post a Comment