Sunday 6 May 2012

Mushroom Time!

Now that I’m doing my 365 Days of Fifty Blog, I’m struggling with posts to do for this one Smile  But I am discovering things about myself by doing that blog… namely, it is helping me focus on being consistent, and being able to share photos about life, and not just gardens ---- at this time of year, it is really hard! Its all about gardening now! 

Today’s post is a bit of fun with my project from yesterday.  I went grocery shopping (yes, shopping is another passion LOL), and bought 10 lbs of mushrooms to preserve and use.  I had my husband take a picture of me, and then had some fun with the photo in Serif’s PhotoPlusX5. Once you remember to work in layers, it is really easy to figure out how to apply some neat masks to the background layer of your picture.  I know I’m going to have a  lot more fun with this in card making!

Out of the 10 lbs. of mushrooms, we did 9 trays of sliced mushrooms in the Excalibur dehydrator, and have approximately 1 1/2 lbs. of ‘shrooms left to enjoy the rest of the week.

When the mushrooms are done, I’ll post a picture of how much space they take dehydrated!

DSC01034filtered

No comments:

Post a Comment