Wednesday 30 November 2011

Simply Celebrate

Thanks for visiting for the Card a Day Blog!

Last week I was so busy, I felt I was running around with my head cut off. Kind of scary when you consider that it isn’t even December (ok… I’m out by a day LOL) It reminded me of how hectic the holiday season can be – and not necessarily how I want to enjoy it.  I wanted to make a card that would remind me that sometimes simple is best.

DSC00748

The cardstock I used for the card is a soft grey, almost silvery color, that I embossed with the Cuttlebug “Script” embossing folder.

I had some softly glittering cardstock, that I made an impression “sentiment” for the card front. The “Merry Christmas” from the Sizzix embossing folder “Christmas Set”.

I cut out an offset solid green piece to frame the sentiment, and anchored it to the card front with a strip of green reverse embossed with the Cuttlebug embossing borders.

I decorated below the sentiment with a few sprays of foliage I punched out with holly leaves and pine boughs. You can see that I highlighted the center leaves with felt pens and glitter pens, adding “berries” with a dimensional pen. And here is my tip! If you are short of a colored cardstock that you just need a bit of for punching out leaves and such for cards etc…. recycle those paint chips you may have picked up for choosing paint at the store! It’s a great way to get a lot of different colored greens for foliage or flowered punches!

DSC00749

Remember to visit the Card a Day Blog  tomorrow to see more inspiration from Patricia Logan, and a new theme - Christmas and Children!


ENTER THE CHALLENGE TODAY!

3 comments:

  1. Great card, Shelley. Really love the simplicity and all the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, I too love all the embossing it came out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Idea Shelly on the paint chip cards!! What a wonderful way to use them! and the great graduations of colors within a color group! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete