As promised in my previous post, here is what I’ve made with parts of the embellishment I used on my most recent post at the Card a Day Blog! (The picture below is on a dark background to show off the ornament… it is not attached to it) Check out the blog candy at the end of this post!
Here are what the screens looked like on my Silhouette Studio before I cut, or printed and cut them out, notice the nativity centers are reversed – you’ll see why later:
The assembled elements:
I sprayed the doily with pearl spray… the next time I will make sure to use a gold spray to really highlight the doily (see my fix below)
Next, I cut out a small piece of mylar gift wrap for the sky. I used my Xyron machine to make a sticker out of one of the nativity inside pieces.
Then I attached the nativity piece, and centered the mylar film on the other side of the doily.
I used a stick glue to adhere the other nativity piece on top and overlapping the mylar. I was careful to line the both sides of the nativity scene up, by holding the doily up the the light as I placed the last nativity piece onto the card.
I used my latest toy (a Tim Holtz alcohol ink applicator) to gently tint the outside edge of the doily green. It was great as it didn’t detract from the previously applied pearl spray.
My husband asked me what I’m going to do with it…. Well, the verdict is out still, but I think it may end up going into a Christmas letter as a bonus to someone (shhhhh! Its going to be a surprise!)
Now for the good stuff…. My second blog candy! Only good until December 24th, 2011
If you would like the inside nativity piece in a studio format or jpg that you can use with your own cutter (or scissors), simply leave a comment below!