Monday 12 March 2012

Manuka Honey and a New Blog Announcement

I tend to get into trouble with hubby when he sees what I've spent on items that seem outrageously expensive.  I can't say I blame him, especially when he saw the order invoice for my most recent find.

I was reading an ebook on the benefits of honey that mentioned Manuka honey, which I had never heard of before ~ so I had to order it!
http://www.wedderspoon.ca/shop/organic-honey/organic-manuka-honey-active-16.html
My intention was to use it on my face. I have rosacea, and my face has looked so bad in the past month or so, as I have dermatitis too.
Well, I've gotta tell you, 'twas the best $40 I've ever spent.  It takes less than 1/3 of a teaspoon to spread a layer of honey over my whole face.  I leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse off. With just 5 treatments (one per day), my face looks and feels new! There is still redness to my skin when I use a warm facecloth, but I don't notice it otherwise. The scaliness is gone too! No more angry looking frown lines on my face! Yippee!
It just goes to show you that sometimes simple things are the best remedy!
I really wish I would have taken before and after pictures, then you would have understood why I've done this post about it too!

I was inspired this week when I visited CherylNDesigns 365 day challenge ~ she is posting a picture a day for the year. I thought "what a good way to make turning 50 special"! So in honor of turning 50 next month, I'm going to do a year of posting a picture a day on its own blog! So stay turned for the blog announcement I'll post when it goes live! There won't be any words, just pictures, sometimes linked back to this blog if I have something to post about the garden or what I'm doing (or planning to do!).

1 comment: