Thursday 15 March 2012

Card a Day Blog–Well Done!

Hi! Thanks for visiting from the Card a Day Blog! I’m hoping to inspire you with a “well done” card that is easily done!
My inspiration came with a swirly frame  I downloaded at basteln-mit-elisabeth – it’s a German website, but she does have some nice inspiring designs there!
bogen08c
I cut out the frame, and made a mat, welding “Well Done!” along the top edge of the mat.
I glued a co-coordinating giftwrap to the card base, and then the mat & frame. The bottom edge has a piece of ribbon to define it better.
Here are the pieces of the card before assembly:
DSC00897
Here is the completed card!
DSC00900
If I was to do this design again, I would reverse the coloring, have the frame in the lighter color.  As usual, every card teaches me something about color and composition. I think that’s one reason I like making cards so much!
I’ve had some more fun adjusting the above mat and frame into a one layer cut…. Here is  jpeg file for it that you can use your cutting program to trace --- I would love to hear what file formats you use that I could give as blog candy! Let me know in the comments!
card front idea

Remember to join us for some fun! Submit your card in our March Challenge!
ENTER HERE:

2 comments: